Alpina and Rottefella - New Ski Boot and Binding
A new technology in back country skiing provides an ultra-convenient system for foot binding and footwear. Alpina, the much-loved cross-country ski boot brand, and Norwegian winter equipment company Rottefella, have teamed up to create this innovative technology. Head off on your winter expeditions knowing you’re in the latest and greatest ski boot and binding.
In this blog we will break down both the Alpina Alaska XP, the ski boot, and the Rottefella Xplore, the new binding. This innovation in ski systems allows you to focus on the beauty of your backcountry adventures, without the hassle of complex gear.
Alpina Alaska XP
We have always loved Alpina’s ski boots at Bogong. Their latest advancement comes in the update of their Alaska boot. The Alaska XP is the update of their beloved leather backcountry boot, combined with the new Rottefella sole.
The Alaska XP is all about mobility and stability. Improving on its predecessor, the boot allows for superior lateral control of your foot, with perfected foot weight distribution. This is achieved from the Anatomic Footbed. Utilising three different materials, the force from your foot, while walking or skiing, spreads across the boot without undermining comfort or fit. Updates continue, with the XP series weighing in at just 740 grams per boot, 20% lighter than its original. It remains waterproof and warm to protect your foot from the harsh conditions of your alpine adventures.
- Anatomic Footbed: Anatomically designed footbed made with three different materials makes for perfect distribution of force across the foot and snug fit.
- Alpitex Waterproof Membrane: Developed by Alpina engineers, water-resistant membrane that offers quality ventilation, as well as comfort.
- Thinsulate Insulation: Foot can breathe while remaining warm.
- XP Sole: Compatible with Rottefella Xplore Bindings, sold separately.
- Spring Pin Technology: Easy entry and exit, prevents snow packing.
- Best Use: Backcountry skiing, cross-country skiing
- Upper: Leather and Textiles
- Lining: Textiles
- Insulated: Thinsulate synthetic fibers
- Boot and Binding Compatibility: Xplore
- 1480 g (pair)
- 102 mm last width