DMM CHIMERA WIRE GATE CARABINER RED
The DMM Chimera wiregate carabiner is a strong, lightweight carabiner ideal for fast-and-light ascents in the mountains or tough trad onsights. Various design features in this carabiner make it top quality.
The DMM Chimera wiregate carabiner is suited to fast and light climbs where there can be no compromise in weight or security.
The DMM Chimera carabiner's lightweight body is complimented by a clean nose that guards against accidental opening or snagging. Security is enhanced by 9kN open gate and 23kN major axis strengths.
When pushing your limits on an alpine climb or a tough trad onsight, the DMM Chimera is the ideal carabiner.
- Super-light carabiner reduces rack weight – ideal for building a lightweight rack, whether it’s for fast and light alpine ascents or trad onsight success.
- Wire gate for maximum weight saving – wire gates are the lightest gate type available, and resist freezing shut in cold conditions.
- Clean nose for snag-free clipping – the gate notch is housed in a recess, creating a smooth inner profile that prevents snagging on gear, ropes and slings. The nose of the carabiner is wider than the gate, helping prevent accidental gate opening caused by rubbing on rock.
- I-Beam construction for optimum strength to weight ratio – lighter without compromising strength. This is achieved through hot forging, a process which allows metal to be made into complex shapes that improve functionality.
- Product name: Chimera
- Product code: A398RD
- Colour: Red
- MBS (major axis): 23kN
- MBS (minor axis): 7kN
- MBS (gate open): 9kN
- Dimensions: 53 x 90mm
- Weight: 30g
- Gate opening (X): 21mm
- Certification: EN12275:2013 B
COVID Update Sept 2021: Aus Post is having major delays across the network.
Standard/Free shipping to major capitals takes 2-5 business days.
Order before 11am - we usually ship the same business day!
Choose Express Post for priority packing and faster shipping.