EDELRID Crux III Bouldering Pad
Very long, extremely light bouldering mat with four-layer shock absorption. Excellent ground coverage.
Available in store only!
The Crux III is the big bertha of bouldering mats, so it's too big too ship. It's best purchased in store, or you can order online and select Store Pickup as your shipping option. (Please ignore any other shipping options.)
This Edelrid Crux III bouldering mat is very long. At two metres, it's much, much longer than even some of the biggest crash pads on the market. Yet despite its size, it's incredibly light. (Even our smallest staff members at Bogong would be happy carrying this up a steep track!)
- Very long. Dimensions 200 x 110 x 10cm
- Comes with a 'door mat' for wiping dirt and debris off your climbing shoes before you start a boulder problem
- Thickness: A respectable 10cm
- Foam: 4 layers (most boulder mats have just 3), which gives better shock absorption
- 'Taco' style boulder pad means there's no hinge you can land on
- Approx. 8kg
Why this mat?
- Buy for the length/coverage – one mat for covering a lot of ground.
- Much lighter than comparable mats.
- Length makes it good for traversing or roof boulder problems.
- Bouldering up a 45-degree wall, you'll find you quite quickly climb past a regular-length mat.
- Great choice for solo boulderers because it offers more coverage with single mat.
The video below shows the Edelrid Crux II (predecessor model, with similar dimensions) in use.
COVID Update Sept 2021: Aus Post is having major delays across the network.
Standard/Free shipping to major capitals takes 2-5 business days.
Order before 11am - we usually ship the same business day!
Choose Express Post for priority packing and faster shipping.