LA SPORTIVA JACKAL Mountain Running Shoes Mens
A mountain running shoe ideal for off-road running over ultra distances and workouts on medium distances thanks to the exceptional cushioning guaranteed by the innovative Infinitoo™ high energy return technology.
Read Bogong supported runner Matt Crehan's review here.
- Wide, comfort fit designed for use in ultra-marathons
- Soft, stretch tongue provides a comfort fit for maximum freedom of movement, the internal bellows construction provides protection against stones and mud
- Innovative EVA sole/midsole package with internal, shock absorbing, polyurethane pads with high return energy thanks to the Infinitoo™ Technology. The front insert increases cushioning, while the rear insert contributes to the stabilization of the run
- Lateral Net-Mesh for maximum ventilation and climate comfort 2 Lacing with loops incorporated directly into the sides panels of the upper
- Lacing system with loops incorporated directly into the upper side pannels: facilitates volume adjustment during long distance runs in which the foot tends to enlarge
- Side Net-Mesh for maximum ventilation and climate comfort
- Innovative EVA sole/midsole package with internal cushioning pads in high energy return polyurethane Infinitoo™ Technology. The front insert increases the cushioning, the rear insert contributes to the stabilization of the running
- Rock-Shield integrated in the high density EVA midsole for a more stable run and rock-guard effect
- FriXion® Red compound outsole with Impact Brake System, differentiated lugs and FLEX grooves along the fold lines
- Protective, shock absorbing, abrasion-resistant TPU toe cap
- Stack Height: Heel 26mm, Forefoot 19mm
- Drop: 7mm
- Weight: 600g (pair)
- Uppers: Sandwich mesh (toe and tongue) + thermo-adhesive TPU reinforcements + side panels in mono-burr Nylon + Lycra® cuff
- Lining: Abrasion resistant micro-fiber
- Footbed: Ortholite® Ergonomic
- Midsole: EVA with polyurethane Infinitoo™ Technology + rock-shield in high density EVA + additional internal cushioning platform
- Sole: Dual compound FriXion® Red with lateral IBS lugs
"Lightweight shoe, yet still plenty of cushioning, making it ideal for the long ultras. Wide toe box, fantastic grip in wet and dry conditions. A great all-round shoe – even for shorter, speedier races."
—Mick Keyte, 1st place, 2019 Razorback 64K
"A super comfy shoe that I will be my go-to shoe for any easy, long trail runs, plus any races of a few hours plus. I’ve got quite a wide foot and these are very roomy in the forefoot."
—Sam Burridge, 1st place, 2018 Ultra Trail Australia 50K
"Super roomy and wide, making them good for long runs. The tongue webbing is great for keeping debris out. Great toe protection to avoid the pain from accidentally kicking rocks at the end of long races when your legs are tired. My new 100 miler shoe."
—Ewan Horsburgh, 2nd place, 2019 Brisbane Trail Ultra Miler
Critical Feedback from Athletes:
"Generally, I size up in La Sportiva shoes because I’ve got quite a wide foot; but with the Jackals I could probably get away with my actual size since they are very roomy in the forefoot.”
“I feel like I could go a half size down. My usual La Sportiva shoes are usually a full size larger than my 'normal' shoe size.”
COVID Update Sept 2021: Aus Post is having major delays across the network.
Standard/Free shipping to major capitals takes 2-5 business days.
Order before 11am - we usually ship the same business day!
Choose Express Post for priority packing and faster shipping.