LP - ITALY 13
Visitors to Italy are bombarded by sights, scenes and flavours – palaces and museums overflowing with art, Renaissance gardens, gourmet food markets. Come enjoy the vita bella (beautiful life).
Lonely Planet Italy travel guide
100% researched and updated. For expert advice, inspirational tips and exciting itineraries, Lonely Planet is your essential Italy companion. Whether you want to hunt for truffles in Umbria, walk ancient roads in Rome or simply admire priceless art and architecture, this guide shows you how to unearth the very best experiences.
This full-colour guide with 3D illustrations of major highlights and insightful features on seasonal and regional food and outdoor activities is essential for those wanting to see the best Italy has to offer!
- 15 authors, 13 volcanoes, 7600km of coastline and hundreds of Renaissance masterpieces
- Inspirational photos, pull-out city map, 3D plans of iconic sights, comprehensive planning tools, special Eat & Drink Like a Local feature and in-depth background
Coverage includes: Planning chapters, Rome & Lazio, Turin Piedmont Riviera, Milan & the Lakes, Trento & the Dolomites, Venice & the Veneto, Friuli Venezia Giulia, Emilia-Romagna & San Marino, Florence & Tuscany, Umbria & Le Marche, Abruzzo & Molise, Naples & Campania, Puglia, Basilicata & Calabria, Sicily, Sardinia, Understand & Survival chapters.
- 170 detailed and easy to use maps
- Inspirational activities covering each region's best sights and secret places
- Full-colour architecture, food and activities chapters
- User-friendly glossaries give you a Who's Who of artists, emperors and saints
- Top tips on sustainable travel choices and the very best agriturismi (farmstays)
COVID Update Sept 2021: Aus Post is having major delays across the network.
Standard/Free shipping to major capitals takes 2-5 business days.
Order before 11am - we usually ship the same business day!
Choose Express Post for priority packing and faster shipping.