LP - CENTRAL ASIA 7
Central Asia is Lonely Planet’s heartland. Exploring Uzbekistan’s blue-domed medressas, sleeping in felt yurts among Kyrgyzstan’s mountains or selecting fruit in Kazakhstan’s markets: we do it all with passion and expertise. Live your own Silk Road dream with this 7th edition as your guide.
Lonely Planet Central Asia 7th edition, by Stephen Lioy, Anna Kaminski, Bradley Mayhew and Jenny Walker.
With its medieval blue-domed cities, kinetic bazaars and remote yurtstays, Central Asia encapsulates the romance of the Silk Road like nowhere else. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Central Asia, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Enjoy booming Almaty’s cafes, clubs and shops; wind through rugged mountains past ancient tombs, hot springs, and remote Kyrgyz yurt camps on Tajikistan’s Pamir Highway; or wonder at the architecture in Uzbekistan’s Samarkand, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Central Asia and begin your journey now!
Inside the Lonely Planet Central Asia travel guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, Islam in Central Asia, the Silk Road, Central Asia today
- Over 68 maps
- Coverage Includes: Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan and more
- ISBN: 9781786574640
- Writers: Stephen Lioy, Anna Kaminski, Bradley Mayhew, Jenny Walker
- 512 pages, 64pp colour, 66 maps
- Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
COVID Update Sept 2021: Aus Post is having major delays across the network.
Standard/Free shipping to major capitals takes 2-5 business days.
Order before 11am - we usually ship the same business day!
Choose Express Post for priority packing and faster shipping.