MONT AUSTRAL RAIN JACKET Mens
Quality Australian style bushwalking jacket the Mont Austral has undergone a facelift, with a double storm flap and press stud closures. Sizing Info
Want a serious rain jacket for bushwalking. The Austral has been extensively used by Bogong staff in places like SW Tasmania and New Zealand and is a perfect garment for these types of places. It has been our most popular hiking jacket for some time. The Austral is a traditional, all-purpose 3/4 length bushwalking jacket. Tough enough for the harshest scrub yet supple enough to look and feel comfortable around town.
Featuring a three piece storm hood with multi point adjustments, a triple storm flap system to protect the front zip from down pours and a waist draw-cord adjustment that is neatly concealed away in the lower front pockets reducing potential snag points. Tested in the worst imaginable conditions, the mid weight Hydronaute 3 layer fabric offers outstanding breathability and waterproofness while being durable enough to withstand the long-term use of heavy backpacks and offering a high level of pin-hole resistance making it an ideal choice for bushwalking.
- Made from classic Hydronaute 3 layer waterproof breathable fabric
- 100% windproof
- A traditional ¾ length bushwalking jacket
- Three piece storm hood with multi point adjustment and wire visor
- Ykk #5 front zip with dual sliders can be opened from either end
- Dual front storm flaps with Prym Aqua stud closures
- Under zip flap
- External chest pocket with YKK WR zip
- Waist drawcord with adjustment cleverly consealed inside pocket flaps
- Lower cargo pockets with laminated pleats
- Hook and loop adjustable cuffs
- Sewn with Hydrophobic Epic thread
- Multiple bar-tacks for enhanced durability on high stress points like zips and pocket flaps
- 100% factory seam sealed
- Relaxed fit
- Waterhead: 30,000mm
- Breathability: MVTR 20,000g per 24 hrs
Also available in a womens version the Mont Siena
Mont Austral and Tempest jackets in action. Park Pass, 5 passes walk New Zealand
Standard/Free shipping to major capitals takes 2-5 business days (after dispatch), with occasional delays.
Order before 11am - we usually ship the same business day!
Choose Express Post for priority packing and faster shipping.