MONT BACKCOUNTRY Bushwalking Pack
Dual-compartment large capacity canvas bushwalking pack.
See a review of the Mont Backcountry written by Bogong staff.
The Backcountry Backpack is a fully featured, large capacity pack designed for multi-day walks carrying expedition-size loads.
The Mont Backcountry Canvas Pack is available in 3 adjustable sizes (L, M, W), depending on your height, and combines hardwearing construction, excellent weight dispersion, fine-tune adjustment and versatile packing options.
- Adjustable Moto Active Harness System available in 3 sizes
- Body fit profile for carrying comfort
- Front expandable pleated pocket
- Dual layer, large capacity side pockets: first layer pocket for access while wearing, second layer pocket with top access
- Dual vertical daisy chain webbing
- Dual side compression straps with side release buckles
- Pleated Canvas bottle pockets
- Extendable lid
- Quick draw closure on Nylon storm throat
- Water bladder compatible with bladder hose exit ports for either shoulder strap
- Dual ice axe/walking pole attachment straps
- Front and rear packing/haul handles
- High quality Nylon twill webbings
- Weight: 3.15 kg (size medium)
MATERIALS AND PARTS
- Built from Australian made, poly/cotton Infinity Corespun canvas
- 470 denier Cordura wear points, backed with Infinity Corespun
- Dual layer base with 980 denier Cordura face and Infinity Corespun Canvas inner
- 210 denier double-ripstop Nylon storm throat
- High quality Nylon twill webbings
- YKK brand zips
- Duraflex and ITW Nylon buckles
- Your back length is from your C7 vertebra down your spine to the point level with the top if your iliac crest (hip-bone).
Back Length (cm)
Hip Belt Min Circumference (cm)
Pack Capacity (l)
Infinity Corespun Canvas
- The Backcountry is built from Infinity Corespun canvas, a highly durable poly/cotton fabric. The strength of the fabric is due to the composite yarn: a polyester core with cotton wrapped around it. The composite yarn base provides superior strength and unequalled performance. Once woven the fabric is treated with a wax based polymer for water resistance, anti-bacteria protection and UV stability.
Moto Active Harness System
The Moto Active Harness System provides load bearing comfort for mid to high volume packs.
- Contoured Shoulder Straps. Shoulder straps map the curves of your torso and provide stability and comfort on the longest of walks
- Dual Vertical & Single Horizontal Hollow Core Stays. Weight is transferred directly to the hip-belt via two hollow-core aluminium stays. Hollow-core stays are 20% lighter and 25% stronger than previously used extruded aluminium stays
- Multilayer Foam Hip Belt. Moto Active contoured hip-belt with 8 layer construction: open and closed cell foams, HTPE sheet and highly durable Cordura Nylon.
- V-Ridge Foam. Stay cooler with the ventilated, non-moisture-absorbing, V-Ridge Foam back panel
- Single Point Adjustment. Adjust the back length with one simple change
Versatile packing and easy-access pockets
- The Backcountry is a dual compartment pack with access via the top and base. Inside is a divider that can be zipped open to make a large single compartment.
- On the sides of the pack are pleated canvas bottle pockets that are easily accessed even while wearing the pack.
Cordura Nylon reinforcement
- The base of the Backcountry Backpack is a dual layer consisting of Infinity Corespun Canvas inside and 980 denier Cordura Nylon outside. Cordura Nylon is a highly abrasion resistant fabric.
Canvas bound seams
- The Backcountry Pack is now more water resistant than ever thanks to Canvas binding on the seams.
Water Bladder Compatible
- As with almost all Mont backpacks, the Backcountry Pack is water bladder compatible. There is a bladder pocket inside the main compartment and a bladder hose port above the backpanel that leads the hose to loops on either shoulder strap.
Standard/Free shipping to major capitals takes 2-5 business days (after dispatch), with occasional delays.
Order before 11am - we usually ship the same business day!
Choose Express Post for priority packing and faster shipping.