MONT EPOCH TENT
The Epoch is a generous two-person expedition tent, with enormous stability in high winds. Hands down, the best winter tent on the Australian market for the price.
The Epoch is a generous two-person expedition tent, with enormous stability in high winds. Hands down, the best winter tent on the Australian market for the price. This is a remake for 2023 and is slightly larger than the original offering more internal space.
Ideally suited for use above the snow line and at high altitude, the Epoch is incredibly stable in high winds, thanks to its five-pole design. What's more, the Epoch has the capacity to be double poled to get unparalleled stability. This tent is the best option for winter trips in the Australian Alps and if you are travelling the world to exposed mountain regions, whether that be south to Patagonia or north to Greenland this is the tent for you.
Like all Mont tents, the Epoch uses the highest quality alloy poles. They're selected for their high strength, low weight, precision engineering and market-leading environmental standards. The Epoch is designed with pole sleeves that will accommodate double poles. Enquire about purchasing an extra pole set. So for your next trip to the Patagonian icecap you can have a completely bombproof shelter.
Valances on both the large and small vestibule minimise windblown snow. With a waterhead of 25,000mm, the nylon tub floor has more than three times the waterproof rating of many competitor tents.
The Epoch is equipped with a blizzard-grade full nylon interior, three large roof vents and two spacious vestibules.
Not sure if the Epoch is the tent to suit your needs? See our blog on choosing a two person tent.
- Ability to hold double poles
- Dual vestibules with snow valances
- Dual entrance
- 2 internally accessed roof vents
- 1 internally accessed vestibule vent
- Double doors of no-see-um mesh and zip-away nylon
- Combination of pole sleeves and pole clips
- 10 internal pockets
- Mesh gear loft in ceiling of inner
- 2 hanging carabiners for lamps
- Inner dimensions (LxWxH): 220 x 140 x 115cm
- Collapsed pole length: 48cm
- Compressed tent sack: 41 x 19cm
- Use: 4 season alpine
- Persons: 2
- Doors: 2
- Vestibules: 2
- Fly: 40 denier ripstop PU coated 2000mm+ waterproof nylon
- Inner: 40 denier rip-stop nylon
- Floor: 70 denier PU laminated 25,000mm waterproof nylon
- Poles: 5 poles high strength alloy
- Guys: 7 guy cords, including 4 three-point attachment guy cords
- Pegs: 14 DAC J-stakes
- Emergency repair kit
- Tent compression stuff sack
- Pole storage bag
- Peg storage bag
- Manufacturers Weight: 3.95kg
- Bogong Weight: to be confirmed
Standard/Free shipping to major capitals takes 2-5 business days, with occasional delays.
Order before 11am - we usually ship the same business day!
Choose Express Post for priority packing and faster shipping.