MONT MOONDANCE 2 TENT
The Mont Moondance 2 Tent has been designed to provide you with 3-season weather protection, lightning fast setup, minimum packed size and the lowest possible weight without sacrificing performance. The new Moondance 2 Tent is the best lightweight, 2 person tent for hikers, bikers and adventure travellers in 3 seasons.
The new Moondance 2 Tent is larger, made with more durable fabric and has more functional features with only a slight weight increase, at only 1.95kg (as weighed by Bogong). These changes are based on feedback from customers, in line with Mont's commitment to continual improvement. Fulfilling the ultralight desires of the modern adventurer, do not think that light weight comes at the cost of waterproof performance: the Moondance 2 Tent boasts a market-leading 25,000mm waterhead Nylon tub floor with durable PU laminate.
The Moondance 2 Tent is rectangular, allowing both the pole set and the fly to attach to either end of the tent inner. Further, the poles have symmetrical pole hubs that can face either direction (no attaching poles upside down by mistake!).
Room inside for two campers
With a rectangular floor, long central pole and wide ridge pole the Moondance 2 tent has headroom all around. With a longer, wider and deeper floor dimensions, the internal floor area has increased to 2.86m2.
Designed for 3 seasons
The Moondance 2 Tent is designed for comfortable camping in 3 seasons. With excellent ventilation the Moondance 2 allows easy temperature control and minimises condensation.
Internally Accessed Roof Vent & Door Vents
Control ventilation without leaving the tent by quickly and easily opening or closing the ceiling vent in the fly. The ceiling vent in the fly can be zipped closed or held open with a lightweight prop secured by a hook-and-loop patch.
Only the best: DAC Featherlite NSL Poles
Moondance Tents use extremely strong and very light 2-piece pole systems made by DAC. These poles are incredibly easy to use and all Moondance tents can be set up simply and quickly even if you're on your own. DAC poles are selected for their exceptionally low weight, precision engineering, high strength and for DAC's market-leading environmental standards. The new Mont Moondance 2 has a ridge pole that is 10cm longer to provide for more internal space.
Includes 10 extra strong Mont pegs
Mont's T-Bone Stakes tent pegs are extremely strong and very lightweight at under 8 grams each. They come with a loop of cord on each end for easy removal and rounded edges to reduce wear on guycords. Mont Moondance 2 Tents now come with 10 tent pegs (previously 8).
A seperate Moondance 2 Footprint designed to fit this tent can be purchased to provide an extra layer underneath to protect the floor from damage.
On trips where you wish to save weight, the optional Moondance footprint allows you to pitch the fly independently of the inner. Simply peg out the footprint, attach the pole tips to each corner of the footprint, and attach the fly over the top as usual.
- 2-person, 3-season, freestanding tent
- 100% waterproof with factory-tape-sealed seams
- Lightweight 20-denier ripstop nylon fly with silicon DWR outside and PU coating inside – 2000mm waterhead
- Durable tub floor made from 40-denier nylon with PU laminate – 25,000mm waterhead
- 20-denier ripstop nylon and No-See-Um Mesh inner
- Dual entrance and dual vestibule
- Internally accessed zippered roof vent for excellent ventilation
- 15mm Nylon webbing in corners with Hypalon reinforcement
- 6 internal mesh pockets plus carabiner in ceiling for hanging a light
- 3-point attachment, multi directional, reflective guy cords
- 9.6mm DAC Featherlite NSL main pole and 9mm DAC Featherlite NSL ridgepole
- Poles are not directional and can attach at either end
- Includes emergency pole repair sleeve, fabric repair patches, 10 x Mont T-Bone Stake tent pegs, pitching instructions
Note on floor waterproof rating: Mont Moondance tents have always boasted a market-leading waterproof rating on the floor. This has recently been re-tested at a market-busting 25,000mm! However, please note that the tent still has a graphic on the floor showing a 10,000mm rating. This graphic is incorrect, and the floor is rated at 25,000mm.
- Inner 130cm wide
- Inner 220cm long
- Inner 110cm tall at highest point
- Internal floor area: 2.86m2
- Vestibules 57cm wide each
- Wide enough inside for two standard sleeping mats
- Collapsed Pole Length: 49cm
- Compressed Tent Sack approximately: 33cm x 15cm
Bogong Weight: 1.95kg
(We weigh the fly, inner, poles, tent bag, pole bag, peg bag and six pegs – the minimum for camping in good conditions.)
COVID Update Sept 2021: Aus Post is having major delays across the network.
Standard/Free shipping to major capitals takes 2-5 business days.
Order before 11am - we usually ship the same business day!
Choose Express Post for priority packing and faster shipping.