TOUR OF THE OISANS (CICERONE) NLA
Tour Of The Oisans
By Kev Reynolds
The Tour of the Oisans on the GR54 is a challenging two-week trek around the Ecrins National Park (southeast of Grenoble) in France, one of the most visually spectacular regions in all the Alps. In the course of 10–13 days it covers 176km and climbs more than 12,800m to cross a series of challenging cols that separate deep and enchanting valleys. The scenery is spectacular and ever varied, and with charming villages and hamlets to visit on the way, the trekker’s experience is both rich and rewarding. Accommodation is in valley hotels or gîtes, or in mountain refuges set in idyllic locations.
- The route is divided into 10 stages, but with suggestions for a 13-day itinerary.
- Alternative stages are also described.
- Full accommodation details given.
- Background information on how to get there, what to take, mountain safety, and notes on the flora and fauna of the region.
- Illustrated with colour maps and photographs.
Bogong owner enjoying a beautiful day in the Ecrins National Park. This is the region covered by this book. Who wouldn't want to walk here!
COVID Update Sept 2021: Aus Post is having major delays across the network.
Standard/Free shipping to major capitals takes 2-5 business days.
Order before 11am - we usually ship the same business day!
Choose Express Post for priority packing and faster shipping.