TRAINING FOR CLIMBING - HORST 2ND ED. NLA
Author: Eric Horst
Drawing on new research in sports medicine, nutrition, and fitness, Training for Climbing helps climbers achieve superior performance and better mental concentration on the rock, with less risk of injury. Updated and expanded, this new edition builds on the best-selling first edition’s breakthrough text. Eric Hörst combines leading-edge sport science with his thirty-plus years of climbing and coaching experience to create a handbook packed with practical how-to and what-to-do information.
The book is divided into the following main chapters:
- An overview of training for climbing
- Self assessment and goal setting
- Mental training
- Training technique and skill
- Theory and methodology of strength training
- General conditioning exercises
- Climbing-specific exercises
- Designing your training program
- Performance nutrition
- Accelerating recovery
- Injury treatment and prevention
COVID Update Sept 2021: Aus Post is having major delays across the network.
Standard/Free shipping to major capitals takes 2-5 business days.
Order before 11am - we usually ship the same business day!
Choose Express Post for priority packing and faster shipping.