TREKKING THE MOUNTAINS OF MONTENEGRO
This guidebook includes a range of day-walks and multi-day treks throughout the Dinaric Alps of Montenegro. These mountains are some of the wildest, most spectacular, and least visited in Europe. Nevertheless they are easily accessible, and many areas have well-marked trails. They present an opportunity to travel through outstandingly beautiful and remarkably unspoilt natural scenery, which sees few visitors. The guide covers the most spectacular mountain areas in Montenegro, with a selection of circular and linear routes, with variants and extensions.
The guide also includes generous background information, including mountain huts and shelters, travel to and within the country, history and language, as well as what to expect in the various mountains and National Parks the routes explore. This is the first comprehensive English-language guide to walking in this beautiful area, and provides and ideal gateway into Montenegrin adventures.
This guidebook to Montenegro includes 17 walks and trekking routes throughout the Dinaric Alps, in Montenegro's five national parks as well as Orjen, Komovi, Tara Canyon and the UNESCO-listed old town of Kotor. The circular and linear routes range from easy hour-long outings to challenging 5-day treks involving exposure and scrambling.
- June to September (mountains have moderate summer temperatures and abundant snowfall in winter).
- Durmitor National Park - Žabljak Prokletije National Park - Gusinje Biogradska Gora National Park - Mojkovac Lake Skadar National Park - Virpazar Lovćen National Park - Kotor or Cetinje Orjen - Herceg Novi
- Routes range from easy day walks to extended and more challenging multi-day mountain treks. All routes are graded. No special equipment required.
- Montenegro's five national parks - Durmitor, Prokletije (on the the Albanian border), Biogradska gora, Lovćen and Lake Skadar (the largest lake in the Balkans, plentiful birdlife), as well as several other areas including Orjen, Komovi, Kučka krajina, Tara Canyon (the deepest canyon in Europe). UNESCO-listed old town of Kotor, on Boka Kotorska (Bay of Kotor).
- ISBN: 9781852847319
- Published: 8 May 2015
- Edition: Second
- Pages: 256
- Size: 17.2 x 11.6 x 1.5cm
- Weight: 280g
COVID Update Sept 2021: Aus Post is having major delays across the network.
Standard/Free shipping to major capitals takes 2-5 business days.
Order before 11am - we usually ship the same business day!
Choose Express Post for priority packing and faster shipping.