LA SPORTIVA TX GUIDE Approach Shoes
The La Sportiva TX Guide is a climbing approach shoe that is designed to be efficient both during the walk-in to the crag and scrambling up easy climbs.European Sizing
The La Sportiva TX Guide is a climbing approach shoe that is designed to be efficient both during the walk-in to the crag and scrambling up easy climbs.Within our La Sportiva approach shoe range, it's the most similar to the La Sportiva TX2. The main differences are in the sole, materials and fit.
The La Sportiva TX Guide has a dual-density compressed EVA and TPU midsole, giving it more cushioning and support for walking. The outsole is also a dual compound, with Vibram® IdroGrip in the front for climbing performance and Vibram® MegaGrip in the heel area for grip on more varied terrain. There's also a rock guard liner in the forefoot that gives you more protection on hard surfaces. This is paired with Impact Brake System in the back, which is the lug design designed for grip and cushioning on softer ground.
Essentially, if you're tossing up between this – the TX Guide – and the TX2, the latter is a softer, less protected shoe with a flatter sole, overall designed more for scrambling and easy climbs than walking.
- Versatile, lightweight and protective
- Ideal for walk-run and climb approach routes
- Climbing-inspired protective rand in light and protective PU-TECH Lite™ for maximum durability
- Approach-style, symmetric lacing to the toe for maximum fit accuracy
- Vibram® MegaGrip and Idrogrip double compound sole, the ideal combination of grip and durability
- Abrasion resistant, single layer, mesh uppers for volume optimisation with internal microfibre protection reinforcements and external TPU reinforcements
- Tech Fit: precise shape with snug fit for maximum performance
- Running-fit tongue with cuff construction: it avoids the entry of external elements
- Uppers: Highly abrasion resistant Mesh + internal microfiber reinforcements + TPU external reinforcements + PU-Tech Lite™ rand
- Lining: Non-slip, breathable mesh
- Footbed: Ortholite® Approach
- Midsole: Dual density, compressed EVA + TPU
- Sole: Vibram® MegaGrip and IdroGrip dual compound outsole + climbing zone at the toe + Impact Brake System lugs at the back
- Weight: 700g (pair, size EUR 42)
Standard/Free shipping to major capitals takes 2-5 business days (after dispatch), with occasional delays.
Order before 11am - we usually ship the same business day!
Choose Express Post for priority packing and faster shipping.