MOUNTAIN ADVENTURES CHAMONIX (CICERONE)
The Chamonix Valley in the Haute Savoie region of the French Alps is a perfect base for a whole range of alpine adventures. The routes in this guide range from short walks and cycle rides for the whole family to long mountaineering routes to the highest summits, including Mont Blanc.
Activities covered in detail include walks, treks, mountaineering routes, road cycling, mountain biking, rockclimbing, bouldering and via ferratas, all within easy reach of Chamonix – with suggestions for other outdoor options in the valley, too, from rafting to paragliding.
Whether you and your holiday companions are adrenalin junkies or Alpine ramblers, or a mixture of both, there’s plenty to keep everyone happy, day after day, in this spectacular region.
- 6 sections, with basic information gear, terrain, technique and access for each activity and a range of contrasting routes, illustrated with maps or topos as necessary.
- Notes about activities such as rafting, canyoning, paragliding and trail running and things to do when it rains.
- Clear overview maps to help you choose and plan your days.
- trail running
- mountain biking
- via ferratas
- It is possible to hike, climb and ride in the Chamonix Mont Blanc region any time outside winter; many of the activities here rely on lifts and other facilities that are generally open from mid-to-late June to mid-September.
- Chamonix Mont Blanc, Argentière, Vallorcine, Les Houches, Servoz, St Gervais, Passy, Les Contamines, Sixt, Sallanches
- Ranges from very easy strolls for all the family, to moderate rock climbs and glacier hikes which require either technical skills or the presence of a professional guide; climbing and mountain biking require some specialist gear.
- Mont Joly, Mont Blanc and the Aiguilles Rouges; Bossons and Mer de Glace glaciers; MTBing the Petit Balcon Nord; cycling down the Col de la Forclaz; climbing on Les Gaillands; tackling the VF beside Sixt-Fer-a-Cheval.
COVID Update Sept 2021: Aus Post is having major delays across the network.
Standard/Free shipping to major capitals takes 2-5 business days.
Order before 11am - we usually ship the same business day!
Choose Express Post for priority packing and faster shipping.