WILDERNESS EQUIPMENT SPACE 2 MESH
Two person, three season freestanding tent.
The Wilderness Equipment Space 2 Mesh has an airy mesh interior that's ideal for hot summer nights. Having said that, the pole structure is strong enough to stand up to some pretty serious wind. Wilderness Equipment has used their unique dihedral 3-way pole hubs to create a low-profile tent with an incredibly spacious interior.
The Wilderness Equipment Space 2 Mesh Tent breaks new ground in design and performance. Wilderness Equipment's unique dihedral 3-way pole hub creates a low-profile that stands up to weather. Yet, the tent has an incredibly spacious interior.
With the use of low-denier (lightweight), high-tenacity (strong) nylons throughout, the Space 2 is extremely light when you consider that floor performance has not been sacrificed in the design process. The high-grade polyurethane coating delivers a minimum hydrostating head rating of 5000mm - pretty waterproof.
What sets the Wilderness Equipment Space 2 apart is its ability to stand up to strong wind and conditions that send other tents in this weight category packing.
What's more, you can invert your walking or ski poles and make them part of the Space 2 framework. Connect up the tent's internal hub-to-hub tension strap as well, and the Space 2 achieves a level of stability only seen in heavy, multi-pole geodesic tents.
In 2021, the Wilderness Equipment Space 2 Mesh Tent has minor updates, including an upgrade to high-quality DAC poles. Also, they now have a webbing attachment sewn to the inner where the ridge pole ends are, to facilitate attaching a trekking pole more easily. The 2021 tents also have added, tied-on guy ropes that are rolled and tucked into the tiny pockets on the fly.
- 3-season mesh inner for excellent ventilation
- Two highly effective and innovative outer tent vents at ridge height
- Inner tent is completely free-standing, outer tent requires two pegs to erect
- Side and tuck-away end reflective guys provided
- Use: 3-season
- Persons: 2
- Doors: 2
- Vestibules: 2
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 210 x 130 x 109
- Fly: Siliconised ripstop nylon, 30 denier
- Floor: 5000mm PU Nylon
- Poles: 2 x DAC poles with dihedral hub
- Weight: 1.92kg (as measured by Bogong Equipment, with all bags and 6 pegs)
- Guys: 2 x reflective guy ropes
- Pegs: 6 x 4-flute HT aluminium with pull cords
- Seam-sealing: Floor - yes; fly - no
- Setup: Inner first
- Setup options: Inner only; fly and footprint only (footprint sold separately)
COVID Update Sept 2021: Aus Post is having major delays across the network.
Standard/Free shipping to major capitals takes 2-5 business days.
Order before 11am - we usually ship the same business day!
Choose Express Post for priority packing and faster shipping.